Search This Blog

Saturday, March 14, 2015

The Geese Are Here, The Geese Are Here!


I know it is spring now.  When I went out to feed the outdoor cats and fill up the indoor cat buckets, I heard them.  It was only a few, but I heard the Canadian Geese.  That is a sure sign of spring!

Yesterday my husband saw a Cardinal at the bird bath.  That is another sure sign that spring is here.

I have also heard that rat-tat-tat-tat of the woodpeckers finding food in the trees.  Those drive me nuts because they are very early risers.  I guess the saying is true, at least for them...the early bird catches the worm.

My hyacinths are popping out of the ground and soon my daffodils will be too.  We have leafe buds on our lilac bushes too.  I love spring!  We are getting lsome of that liquid sunshine this morning and by afternoon it will be just cloudy with some sun peaking through and it will be warm.  I will give this house a breath of fresh air and open the windows, completing my Spring Cleaning.

For the last couple of days I have also been cleaning this house and moving furniture around and I am very tired today.  While doing the bedroom and moving the furniture around in there I thik that we found another Duke and his fur was all over everything. and stuck to everything and everywhere.  He will get a good brushing today too.

I also am going to be making something in the crock pot for dinner and making a banana bread for breakfast the rest of the week.

Today I am going to relax and we are going to stroll through the Martinsburg Mall where they are having their Home Show.

Have you seen or heard signs of spring?

No comments:

Post a Comment